April 11, 2013

you must think just enough about the things you love

ark life

I like the rambly, literate way that Jesse Elliott always lets his heart and words bleed all over everything. For years with (chapel session alums) These United States, and now through his new project Ark Life, it always sounds like his mind is rambling so fast and so pure that the rest of all of us around him can barely keep up. He is one of my favorite kinds of musicmakers.

His new Denver-based band Ark Life blends together a crew of good musicians to make some fine open-air/open-highway music, all tied up with three-part female harmonies. Tomorrow night they are playing a Fuel/Friends House Concert, and if you’re in Colorado, you should be there.

Let Your Heart Break (live on Daytrotter) – Ark Life

You can download the rest of their Daytrotter session from last week over here. It’s the first recorded material available anywhere on the internets from Ark Life, so if you want to hear more, well, you’ll just have to come to my house show tomorrow night.

Also playing with Ark Life tomorrow night, I am excited to welcome Denver band Poet’s Row for the first time, maybe named after some cool art deco apartments on Capitol Hill? Either way: it’s a show not be to missed.

6 Comments »

• The information given above is highly applicable.
    The article reveals some burning questions and issues that should be
    discussed and explained, found something similar to this page a couple
    days ago – https://whatswhatcollective.com/15-hacks-for-saving-money-at-the-cinema/. Furthermore, it’s essential to comprehend within the very detail.
    In the post, one can easily find something fundamental, remarkably for him/her,
    something which can be extremely helpful. So I am delighted with the data I
    have just obtained. Thanks a lot!

Tolan — March 11, 2020 @ 5:08 pm

• Superb, what a website it is! This web site provides useful
    data to us, keep it up.

Anonymous — March 19, 2020 @ 7:03 pm

• Who will write more in relation to you concerning these matters!
    I guarantee you, no one! I enjoyed the guide and assume you’ve got more such
    stuff? If so, so please note it since it’s somewhat unusual for me at the
    present moment, and not just for me, that is my opinion. Hopefully, I will
    discover an in-depth guide of yours and also
    be mindful of all of the information and the most recent data.

Melissa Bush — April 14, 2020 @ 5:24 pm

• I had to write a comparable (or it appears comparable, depending on the
    information given) study paper back in 2015 if I was a student.
    Gathering the needed information was quite hard and hard.
    But you were able to show the topic really accessible and
    understandable. It was interesting to refresh several things and find out something new.

Weeks Jodi — May 19, 2020 @ 4:33 pm

• The language is both brilliant and brilliant, so the longer
    I read, the longer I do enjoy it! Anyway, the info is quite cutting-edge,
    so like it. https://Cse.Google.com/url?q=https://edu-quotes.com/

Southee John — May 25, 2020 @ 9:51 pm

• I bookmark these pages right a way! Thank you a whole lot to this writer for
    this a fantastic post. It reminded me about https://www.facebook.com/essayprocom/reviews/, I think that your blog
    is just as great as theirs. I will really get back to your page to see new
    articles later on! Great luck!

John Cole — May 29, 2020 @ 6:47 am

Comments RSS TrackBack URL

I tweet things. It's amazing.

Bio Pic Name: Heather Browne
Location: Colorado, originally by way of California
Giving context to the torrent since 2005.

"I love the relationship that anyone has with music: because there's something in us that is beyond the reach of words, something that eludes and defies our best attempts to spit it out. It's the best part of us, probably, the richest and strangest part..."
—Nick Hornby, Songbook
"Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel."
—Hunter S. Thompson

Mp3s are for sampling purposes, kinda like when they give you the cheese cube at Costco, knowing that you'll often go home with having bought the whole 7 lb. spiced Brie log. They are left up for a limited time. If you LIKE the music, go and support these artists, buy their schwag, go to their concerts, purchase their CDs/records and tell all your friends. Rock on.

View all Interviews → View all Shows I've Seen →